WIth a major project done, the temptation hits to pick up too many new things to fill the fake void in one’s schedule. I’m working on finishing off a variation of the Cheesy Love sweater with a more argyle style pattern across the front in pastel cotton. But I also spent the afternoon browsing through my latest issue of Craft and somehow only just realized that like the sister publication Make, Craft has a weblog with great links to projects and patterns. I’ve been trawling through the archives and the following were the standouts, some of them particularly geeky….
- Knit an iPod case out of cassette tape – wonderful and cute!
- Knit Atari Breakout and Apple Logo socks – sadly labelled “TechGuy Socks”
- Knit a donut
- Star Wars fairisle patterns for sweaters, or whatever else you like
- Make the Enterprise out of an old 3.5 inch floppy
- Knit mittens with pockets for RFID cards, designed for subway passes
- Repurpose cool tshirts into cute panties
- sew the Dana wrap skirt from the neat Fitz Patterns which provides free downloadable sewing patterns
Not everything they link is a crafty pattern. I found this guide to using a spreadsheet and Gantt chart to plan a large dinner there.
In unrelated news, D asks me to share Poke the Penguin in honor of Penguin Awareness Day…